Traffic to major sites such as Google, YouTube and Facebook accounts for, on average, 60% of an organization's commercial internet use.
Cybera’s peering service offers a direct link to these and other popular sites, improving efficiencies in internet traffic.
As of May 1, 2016, the administrative fee for the Peering Service will be based on the number of full-time equivalent (FTE) students or employees of the member organization:
- Less than 1,000 FTE — $50/month
- 1,001 – 10,000 FTE — $100/month
- More than 10,001 FTE — $500/month
The Peering Service is only available to educational and not-for-profit organizations in Alberta that are members of Cybera. Find out more about becoming a Cybera member.
What does peering provide?
- Lowered internet costs for those connected, particularly when combined with the Internet Buying Group.
- Increased efficiency in Alberta's public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Unmetered access, with no bandwidth limitations.
Ready to get started? Contact Cybera's membership team