The Call for Submissions has now ended. Stay tuned for the Summit schedule to be posted!
The organizers of the annual Cyber Summit are seeking dynamic and innovative speakers from the education, government, and entrepreneurial communities to submit proposals for presentation and/or workshop topics.
The Cyber Summit provides a unique opportunity to engage with like-minded technology leaders in Western Canada’s public and education spaces.
This year’s Summit theme is: The Future is Here: It’s Just Not Evenly Distributed.
We welcome submissions that cover the following subject areas and topics, as well as other
suggestions you may have:
Rural & Remote vs Urban
- Examples of the digital divide (ex. access to broadband connectivity)
- How technology can benefit rural education and businesses (ex. use of apps, e-commerce, telepresence robots, telehealth, etc)
- Smart communities (and how to create them?)
- Supporting the digital growth of First Nations’ groups
Rich vs Poor
- Technology gaps that exist between wealthy and poor regions: issues and solutions
- Finding ways around infrastructure gaps
- Examples (and potential) of technologies/software/platforms that are accessed via web browsers
July 16, 2017
Applicants Notified of Acceptance:
August 18, 2017
Cyber Summit Workshop Date:
November 7, 2017
Cyber Summit Dates:
November 8-9, 2017
Join the Conversation:
Addressing the Skills Gap
- Preparing the next generation for universal access to technology
- Improving organizational digital literacy
- Making technology and tools (like A.I.) more usable and understandable
- Diversifying STEM in schools and the workforce
- Perception of authority / trust in information (school, media and political)
- Anti-intellectual trends: building faith in experts
- Advancing privacy and security
- Improving perceptions / acceptance of technologies
- Optimizing data / technology across disparate communities of interest